In interior design, the types of furniture that is used in the houses can be described as either modern or contemporary. In regards to design balance, the chosen furniture must fit the house design in question. The trending market today has challenged the interior designers to coming up with even more creative designs. The choice of home furniture must be carefully thought through and sorting professional advice is important. For your home to look attractive the subtle difference between modern and contemporary furniture must be understood. These are;
- Modern furniture look like they were designed a while ago while contemporary furniture look like they are present designs.
- Contemporary furniture are distinguished by use of materials that are up to date while on the other hand, modern furniture materials appear to be out of the trending fashion.
- With modern furniture, you are made to think of the future while having contemporary furniture it’s all about the present and how well everything looks at that time.
- A contemporary home feels so classy with the utmost feeling of a hotel room because of its trends that are current unlike modern furniture.
- Modern furniture can be arranged as pleased as they are simple but contemporary furniture are a bit complicated are best left as designed.
- Contemporary furniture employ a wide range of color mixture and looks attractive but modern furniture are all about plain and neutral colors.
Whenever you are looking for what furniture design to settle for, a wide research and key note on the current trends is always advised.
Below is the infographic of London’s top modern furniture provider, fci London.